Recharging the Body With Cosmic Energy
Excerpts from a talk at 2008 Convocation by Brother Ritananda
• The Energization Exercises are one of four pillars of our path:
Hong Sau technique
There is an active synergy between them all.
• Guruji never missed doing the Energization Exercises twice a day, meditation and service to others.
• The Energization Exercises induce calmness and health and energy. They purify the blood stream and recharge every cell with cosmic energy.
• It is actually 'will' which maintains our youth and vigour. The body should not dictate its needs to the soul.
• The Energization Exercises help us get conscious control over the life force. They also harmonise the life force and undo any energy knots in the body. They help us identify with who we truly are - the soul. In working with will and energy in the exercises it helps us realise we are them - not the body.
• Always start with the prayer.
• All actions should be smooth and flowing. Only three of the exercises have a jerking motion (when the head drops and the torso rotation).
• Pay attention to the exact position and rotation of the hands and palms in the Energization Exercises. If it specifies palms facing each other try and do this precisely as it makes a difference to how the energy flows.
• Sri Daya Mata said, "The greatest way to honour the Guru is to practise his techniques".
These notes are not an official publication of SRF. They were taken by the devotees during talks given by the monks and nuns. Please be aware that there is a degree of human error involved in taking and transcribing notes.